Senior Research Analyst
The research department at the Milken Institute is looking for exceptional candidates in economics with an emphasis on regional, labor and/or health economics. Qualified candidates will have excellent oral and written communication skills and an MA or MSc degree in Economics or related field with a solid background in regional or microeconomic data analysis and advanced knowledge of statistical programming skills (R, Stata, etc.). The ideal candidate will work collaboratively to conduct applied research on issues pertinent at the national, regional, and sub-regional levels. The ability to communicate complex, technical concepts concisely and clearly to an audience with a variety of backgrounds and levels of experience is essential.
- Collect, clean, and summarize pertinent economic, financial, and demographic data
- Conduct literature reviews to related to research topics as instructed by supervisors
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative empirical research on issues related to regional, labor or health economics
- Write up findings and recommendations that can be shared with stakeholders through reports, research briefs, summary tables, dashboards, and PowerPoint presentations
- MA or MSc in Economics or related fields; Ph.D. would be a plus
- 2 to 3 years of experience in conducting quantitative research and analysis (survey data, microdata)
- 2 to 3 years of experience with statistical analysis and programming tools such as R or Stata
- Ability to perform spatial analysis using ArcGIS or similar software
- Strong quantitative skills and analytical problem solving required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to manage own workflow/priorities and meet deadlines
- Independence and ability to take ownership of each project from start to finish
- Ability to work as part of a team and perform under deadline pressure
- Knowledge of health, regional or labor economics literature is a plus
About the Milken Institute
A publicly supported, nonpartisan economic think tank, the Milken Institute aims to improve lives by advancing innovative economic and policy solutions that create jobs, widen access to capital and enhance health. We believe that human capital is an essential ingredient for success, and we’re looking for talented professionals who share our commitment to excellence. An equal opportunity employer, the Milken Institute provides excellent benefits, including medical/dental, LTD, life insurance, a flex spending program, a retirement savings plan, and a company gym.
Note: We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume. All application materials should be attached as PDF files. Any application that does not include both a cover letter and a resume saved as PDFs will be rejected.