The Milken Institute is seeking an Office Manager to support the Milken Institute’s Washington DC office. This is an exciting career opportunity for someone with intellectual curiosity, a strong work ethic, a drive to achieve, and a capacity for administrative work of all kinds.
A globally focused, publicly supported, non-partisan and nonprofit think tank headquartered in Santa Monica, California, the Milken Institute’s mission is to improve lives around the world by advancing innovative economic and policy solutions that create jobs, widen access to capital and enhance health.
Employing the tools of research, convening and collaborating with leaders from finance, industry, public policy, philanthropy and the social sector, the Institute works toward practical and actionable solutions to cure disease, create jobs, spread opportunity, spur economic development and implement energy and environmental practices that promote sustainability.
This role is critical to the efficiency and effectiveness of the Milken Institute by providing operational support for the office and administrative duties as assigned.
• Act as the point of contact among the various office locations, executives, employees, clients and other external partners
• Manage information flow across the various offices and have weekly Executive Assistant meetings
• Inventory tracking and management
• Screen and direct phone calls
• Organize and maintain the office filing system
• Order office supplies and kitchen supplies
• Keep kitchen organized and in order – including, run the dishwasher each night.
• Clean out and resupply coffee machine daily.
• Keep main supply room/copy room organized
• Every morning pick-up, sort and distribute incoming mail to department
• Monitor postage meter and notify appropriate staff when it runs low.
• Monitor copy machines toner and paper – resupply as necessary. Notify supplier for service when maintenance issues occur.
• Process invoices, payments, and reimbursements
• Manage contracts and agreements
• Orient new hires to key operational processes
Skills and Qualifications
- Professionalism: Represent the Milken Institute well to external parties with a sincere level of professional courtesy and tact. Having a calm, collected demeanor is crucial for the high level of multi-tasking and coordination involved.
- Writing: The ability to write concise, business emails is essential, as is the ability to converse professionally with multiple stakeholders on the phone. We expect an attitude of "no job is too small," and an attention to detail that ensures quality outcomes for our team.
- Drive: The ideal candidate will be eager to take on new responsibilities and challenges. We are looking for someone who is a systematic thinker and fast learner, even with minimal supervision. The ability to effectively prioritize, and respond promptly to internal and external communications is essential.
• Four-year college degree or 3-5 years of previous experience;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to work well and contribute in a team environment;
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple work streams, set priorities, meet deadlines, and work with high degree of accuracy; and
• Personal attitude that includes being outgoing, action-oriented, flexible, and willing to adapt to changing situations while maintaining a good sense of humor.
• Effective oral and written communication skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Willingness to provide on-site support at select events on nights or weekends, as appropriate.
Note: We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume - all applications materials should be attached as PDF files. Any application that does not include both a cover letter and a resume saved as PDFs will be rejected.