Intern, Business Development & Event Marketing
The Business Development and Marketing Internship offers MBA students pursuing a career in investment banking, private banking or asset management unique exposure to the key players in the investment management and banking landscape of the Asia Pacific region.
Working closely with the Director of Business and Program Development, the Business Development and Marketing Intern will focus on engaging current strategic partners, developing new partnerships, and expanding audiences around our series of events including the the Asia Summit, the Women Leader’s Summit, the Global Conference and the London Summit. In particular, the Asia Summit presents a tremendous opportunity to join the team organizing this exclusive, invitation-only event that will gather 900 high-profile executives, influential investors, heads of sovereign wealth funds and philanthropists from around the world.
He/she will also be involved in on-going development of the Institute’s Young Leaders Circle and Senior Regional Leaders program.
About the Milken Institute and the Asia Internship Program
We are a nonprofit, nonpartisan think tank determined to increase global prosperity by advancing collaborative solutions that widen access to capital, create jobs and improve health. We do this through independent, data-driven research, action-oriented meetings, and meaningful policy initiatives.
The Institute’s Asia Internship Program aims to cultivate the next generation of leaders determined to tackle the issues that shape the global agenda. We create a customized experience for each intern, designing a project tailored to their interest area and career trajectory which emphasizes their professional and personal development.
In coordination with the Business Development Director, the intern will:
- Conduct research and analysis of key players in the financial services (banks, asset managers, institutional investors), family business and philanthropic communities
- Develop strategic outreach plans
- Attend client meetings and produce post-meeting reports
- Create sponsorship proposals for potential partners
- Coordinate the management of the CRM database and invitation mailings with the Los Angeles office
- Enthusiasm for research and data analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High proficiency with both spoken and written English
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Familiarity with CRM software a plus
We offer 3 months – 12 months internships with flexibility on the dates. Ideally, the intern will stay through completion of the Asia Summit in mid-September 2020 or, at the least, through the Global Conference in early May 2020.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details please refer to: