The Milken Institute Asia Center, an economic and policy think tank, is looking for a communications intern to assist with its ongoing communications efforts, including media relations and social media. This paid internship would be full-time (40 hours weekly). We can offer 3 months – 12 months internship with flexibility on the dates. The Intern would be involved with the organization of the flagship Milken Institute Asia Summit which takes place at the Four Seasons mid-September, 2020. Priority will be given to those who can commit till mid-September 2020.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands on experience in the full range of communications and is ideal for candidates interested in pursuing a career in corporate communications or continuing their careers in the nonprofit industry.
Responsibilities can vary according to your experience and areas of interest.
- Assist with media relations activities, including draft messages, preparing briefing documents for spokespeople organizing events, pitching stories and handling inquiries
- Strategically promote thought leadership initiatives, including editing and pitching bylines articles
- Research current issues and news relevant to the Institute’s work and identify opportunities to demonstrate thought leadership
Social Media & Digital
- Draft social media content and help manage the editorial calendar for Twitter
- Create social media analytics reports
- Assist with the development of social media campaigns surrounding publications and special events
- Periodically updating the website, when necessary
- Graduate or undergraduate with a major in Communications, Marketing, Economics, International Relations or a related subject
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Interest and curiosity in the issues shaping the global agenda, such as capital market reform, technology and innovation, geopolitics, economics, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop is preferred, but not required
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org