Title: Associate MEA
Department: Business and Program Development
Location: Dubai, UAE
The Milken Institute Middle East & Africa team is looking for a business development associate, who will focus on outreach and impact to help amplify the Institute’s work in the African region.
For candidates with strong intellectual curiosity, extraordinary work ethic and drive to achieve, this is an opportunity to become a key player in an entrepreneurial, growing and dynamic global organization involved in some of the most important global issues of our time.
Under the supervision of their manager, the Associate will proactively provide support to sponsors, corporate supporters, individuals and foundations throughout the year by building relationships with key contacts and being responsive to their requests. Communications will center primarily around preparation for and during major conferences, with regular communication around logistics of their conference engagement.
Prospective candidates must have:
- A proactive, highly organized, detail oriented and enthusiastic development professional with a minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience in relationship-building, development and/or marketing
- Solid understanding of the African region
- Multitasker able to handle complex projects in a fast-paced environment, requiring ability to effectively prioritize and respond promptly to internal and external communications
- Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Motivated self-starter and hard worker displaying high productivity and follow-through in all areas of responsibility
- Team-oriented, individual who seeks out tasks when work is completed
- Experience planning events and ability to think strategically about how to engage local supporters around relevant interest areas
- An attitude of "no job is too small" and an attention to detail that ensures rewarding experiences and outcomes for supporters and other stakeholders
- Ability to work with people and interact positively with all levels of an organization, including desire and ability to support relationships with senior level decision-makers
- Experience cultivating and managing donor relationships
- Entrepreneurial spirit and mentality
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The ability to reside in the United Arab Emirates for an extensive period of time. Residency in the UAE is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Preferably a graduate degree in either finance, law, economics, and/or public policy.
- Technically savvy with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); Salesforce is a plus
- Must possess strong knowledge and understanding of, finance, and/or regulatory/government affairs in the Middle East and African region
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the generalized nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. This list does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer.