Location: Santa Monica, CA
The Event Outreach & Engagement Intern will work closely with the events team in audience generation, event email communications, data management, execution and onsite support.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working with the outreach and engagement team in various systems including Salesforce and Cvent. No prior experience with either system is required. This is a full-time internship (40-hours per week) starting in January to May, 2020.
The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail, be experienced with data entry and proficient in Excel: VLOOKUP function, Pivot Tables, find/replace etc.
This is a paid intern position.
- List Management & Audience Building
- Evaluate potential duplicates and update information as needed, or fill in missing information for contact records
- Help create and manage tracking codes for our audience segments
- Partner with different departments within the institute to support event registration and communication
- Event Technology Management
- Support management of event registration site & email content within our systems
- Export and manipulate data from different sources
- Event Execution
- Manage last minute registration requests and questions regarding events
- Operate onsite at the Event Help desk for our Global Conference
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience with data management
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment while juggling multiple projects
- Resourceful and willingness to learn quickly
- Professional demeanor
- Interest in Events and Technology
- Strong technical skills and full competencies in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required
Note: We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume - all applications materials should be attached as PDF files. Any application that does not include both a cover letter and a resume saved as PDFs will be rejected. Applicants will be assessed on a rolling basis.