Senior Associate, Social Media/Digital Writer and Editor
Digital Writer and Editor
The Milken Institute is seeking a writer and editor with experience specifically writing long and short-form copy for a variety of digital formats. The individual in this role will work directly with the Marketing and Communications team to help define the company’s social media strategy and web presence.
Must be passionate about social media and understand how to build a community and how content travels on each platform. This role will have the opportunity to offer creative solutions as well as blend strategic thinking and problem-solving with hands-on execution.
- Create content for web and social media channels, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Adapt complex research topics for online/digital audiences
- Write concise, well-polished copy consistent with the company's tone
- Monitor social media and industry landscape for current trends and opportunities
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications team members to develop social media-focused campaigns connected to broader marketing/communication goals
- Monitor online conversations on Milken Institute-owned social media channels and respond to users/community
- Understand trends and hot topics in our key markets by conducting independent research
- Create engaging CTAs and headlines that will ensure high CTRs and on-page conversion
- Copyedit, proofread and fact-check materials for digital media
- Verify statistics and facts against internal and external sources
- Track engagement and other KPIs on all social channels, using data to inform ongoing content strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, journalism or communications, or business
- 2+ years’ experience writing high conversion marketing/advertising copy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Attention to detail, both in written word and visuals
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize various responsibilities and consistently meet deadlines
- Flexibility to effectively deal with unexpected assignments and changes to workload based on management priorities
- Ability to work with others, as well as independently and autonomously
- Experience with Drupal a plus
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume - all applications materials should be attached as PDF files. Any application that does not include both a cover letter and a resume saved as PDFs will be rejected.