Senior Policy Analyst
Senior Policy Analyst
The Milken Institute’s Center for Regional Economics (CRE) is looking for a Senior Policy Analyst with specific experience in regional economic development including workforce development, public-private partnerships, and economic development financing models. We primarily focus on high-tech and creative industries that drive innovation and job creation with a particular focus on the future of work, smart city development, and regional competitiveness. CRE leverages our California headquarters through extensive statewide research and programming to incubate new regional business and policy solutions.
The Senior Policy Analyst will work collaboratively with the entire CRE team to provide research and policy support for reports, events, and programming – including the annual Milken Institute Global Conference – that advance actionable economic and policy solutions for local, statewide, and regional leaders. The role is an outstanding opportunity to hone one’s skills and contribute to a body of work that shapes the conversation and influences key decision-makers from the public, private, and nonprofit sectors.
- Write white papers, policy briefs, and collaborate on larger research outputs related to regional development
- Research and analyze relevant policy, legislation, and data
- Summarize background research and prepare landscape overviews
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders from business, government, and nonprofit sectors
- Prepare and deliver presentations
- Manage CRE projects and engagements with internal and external stakeholders
- Ad hoc support for broader CRE and Milken Institute events and programming
- Master’s degree in public policy, macroeconomics (regional economics), or a similar field + 3-4 years relevant work experience or PhD +1-2 years relevant work experience
- Experience conducting research, data, and policy analysis
- Experience managing projects
- An understanding of regional economic development including issues and stakeholders
- Strong, clear, and concise writer a must
- PowerPoint and advanced Excel a must
- Proactive with a flexible attitude
- Ability to work as part of a team and perform under a deadline
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume - all applications materials should be attached as PDF files. Any application that does not include both a cover letter and a resume saved as PDFs will be rejected.