LOS ANGELES — More than 500 decision-makers from across the state will gather at the Beverly Hilton on Tuesday, October 19, for the 12th annual Milken Institute State of the State Conference , California′s leading policy and economics forum.
The conference looks at the most pressing issues facing the state and focuses on viable solutions that can lead to long-term prosperity. To jump-start the conversation, the Milken Institute recently initiated the "Restoring California′s Promise" campaign and the related website, where dozens of the state′s leaders and the public have offered their solutions to the seemingly intractable challenges facing the state.
Panelists at the conference will tackle how to revive the housing market; increase capital to small businesses; meet the state′s public pension fund obligations; maintain California′s vital innovation leadership; and improve the state′s business climate. The luncheon session, moderated by well-known pollster Frank Luntz, will feature several leading political consultants debating how potential Election Day outcomes could affect California.
- John Chiang, California State Controller
- Art Coppola, Chairman and CEO, Macerich
- Theodore (Ted) Craver Jr., Chairman, President and CEO, Edison International
- Kevin Czinger, President and CEO, Coda Automotive
- Tim Draper, Managing Partner, Draper Fisher Jurvetson
- Lewis Feldman, Partner/Los Angeles Chair, Goodwin Procter LLP
- Jerilyn Harris, Chair, California State Teachers' Retirement System
- Dennis Hollingsworth, State Senator and Minority Leader
- Bill Lockyer, California State Treasurer
- Michael Lynton, Chairman and CEO, Sony Pictures Entertainment
- John Mack III, Executive Vice President and Co-Head of Investment Banking, Imperial Capital
- Michael Milken, Chairman, Milken Institute
- Scott Minerd, Chief Investment Officer, Guggenheim
- Steven Mnuchin, Chairman and CEO, OneWest Bank, FSB
- Bert Selva, President and CEO, Shea Homes
- Kathleen Sowa, Senior Vice President, National Commercial Products Executive, Bank of America
- Shariq Yosufzai, Vice President, Chevron Corporation
The full list of speakers and agenda details can be found www.milkeninstitute.org.
Note to media: Credentialed members of the press wishing to cover the 2010 State of the State Conference must use the media registration form on the website′s registration page. Please note that you are not registered until your application has been approved and you receive confirmation.