LOS ANGELES — Hundreds of California's leading business executives and policymakers will gather for the Milken Institute's 13th annual State of the State Conference. This all-day event will take place at The Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles.
The State of the State Conference brings together CEOs, investors, labor leaders, government officials, elected leaders and other experts to discuss the state's business environment, creating jobs, the housing market, urban renewal, and California's innovation pipeline.
During the luncheon session, Gov. Jerry Brown will sit down with Institute chairman Mike Milken for a conversation about how the Golden State can meet its challenges.
- Frank Baxter, Chairman Emeritus, Jefferies & Company Inc.
- Jeffrey Berg, Chairman and CEO, International Creative Management
- Jean-Lou Chameau, President, California Institute of Technology
- Henry Cisneros, Executive Chairman, CityView; former Secretary, Housing and Urban Development
- Lewis Feldman, Partner and Los Angeles Chair, Goodwin Procter LLP
- Susan Kennedy, Senior Policy Advisor, Alston & Bird LLP, former Chief of Staff of Gov. Schwarzenegger
- Timothy Leiweke, President and CEO, AEG
- Kenneth Lombard, President, Capri Urban Investors LLC; Partner, Capri Capital Partners LLC
- Monica Lozano, CEO, impreMedia; Member, President's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness
- Scott Minerd, Chief Investment Officer, Guggenheim Partners
- Gavin Newsom, California Lieutenant Governor
- Art Pulaski, Executive Secretary-Treasurer, California Labor Federation, AFL-CIO
- Miguel Pulido, Santa Ana Mayor
- Gwynne Shotwell, President, SpaceX
- Peter Taylor, Chief Financial Officer, University of California
- Shariq Yosufzai, Chairman, California Chamber of Commerce; Vice President, Chevron Corp.
Visit the Institute's site for the full list of speakers and agenda details.
The State of the State conference is planned by the Institute's California Center, which is dedicated to measuring, evaluating and analyzing the state's economic, demographic and social conditions and trends.
Note to media: Credentialed members of the press wishing to cover the 2011 State of the State Conference must use the registration form on the website's registration page and enter code mediasos11. Please note that you are not registered until your application has been approved and you receive confirmation.