The Milken Institute is looking for an Associate Director with a background and experience working in trade and trade finance to join our Center for Regional Economics team. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of international trade policy and practices including familiarity with regional and national trade agencies and organizations, as well as experience independently coordinating projects and research outputs.
This role will report to the Senior Director, Center for Regional Economics and will, at times, work with the Executive Director of the Center for Regional Economics directly on key national initiatives. In addition to work in trade, this role also will contribute to the center’s broader work on growing small businesses and capital access for underserved markets and workforce initiatives related to trade and exports.
The Associate Director role will provide an outstanding opportunity to hone one’s skills and contribute to reports and materials that will be considered by state and federal policymakers, business leaders, and other high-profile policy and business influencers.
- Track and identify policy trends and headwinds related to trade and trade finance
- Research, identify, manage, and analyze relevant qualitative and quantitative data and information
- Write policy briefs, white papers, and reports for internal and external audiences
- Prepare presentations including basic data visualizations
- Manage projects and initiatives related to trade and trade finance
- Support broader Strategic Initiatives team (small business, capital access) and Institute-wide programming and events such as the annual Milken Institute Global Conference
- 5+ years direct work experience in international finance, public policy, trade, or a similar field; master’s degree in a related field strongly recommended.
- Strong, clear, and concise writer
- Project management experience
- Familiarity with EViews or similar statistical, forecasting, and modeling software (e.g., SPSS, STATA) a plus
- Proactive with a flexible attitude
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Must submit a resume and cover letter highlighting relevant experience to this role and interest in the Milken Institute Center for Regional Economics to be considered. All applications materials should be attached as PDF files. Any application that does not include both a cover letter and a resume saved as PDFs will be rejected.