Associate, Government Affairs
About the Milken Institute:
The Milken Institute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan think tank.
For the past three decades, the Milken Institute has served as a catalyst for practical, scalable solutions to global challenges by connecting vital human, financial, and educational resources to those who need them. Guided by a conviction that the best ideas, under-resourced, cannot succeed, we conduct research and analysis and convene top experts, innovators and influencers from different backgrounds and competing viewpoints. We leverage this expertise and insight to construct programs and policy initiatives.
These activities are designed to help people build meaningful lives, in which they can experience health and well-being, pursue effective education and gainful employment, and access the resources required to create ever-expanding opportunities for themselves and their broader communities.
The Executive Assistant/Associate of Government Affairs for the Communications Department at the Milken Institute is responsible for supporting the overall mission of the Milken Institute by working with the Government Affairs team to support engagement with government officials and external stakeholders to advance policy solutions through programmatic initiatives, research, and events. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong interpersonal communication, organizational skills, and enthusiasm to support the engagement with government officials and external stakeholders.
- Prepare communication materials and correspondence for engagement with government officials and external stakeholders to advance policy solutions through programmatic initiatives, research, and events;
- Support the relationships with government officials and external stakeholders by building and maintaining the Institute’s internal contact databases for these entities;
- Help create and execute high-profile policy-related events hosted by the Institute, including briefings, policy dinners, roundtables; and
- Provide logistics support to government officials for Institute-hosted conferences and summits.
- Minimum BA or BS with a developed interest in government, public policy or a related field;
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in government and/or a public policy organization;
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communications skills are requisite;
- Strong attention to detail and high standards of excellence;
- Ability to manage multiple demands, projects, and deadlines is critical; and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) is required, and experience with Salesforce and Cvent is preferred.